Friday, July 18, 2014

Officially Published!

Back in my last year of collage (2011), I was recruited to help make new informational signs for Mesa Falls, in Idaho. They are a set of water falls in Targhee National Forest. I went up several times and shot a whole list of things that needed to be re-photographed, you may remember this blog post. The group that was assembled to work on the project crumbled but I kept in contact with the forest ranger over the project, Sue. Four years later something came of it! I was 90% sure I wouldn't hear anything back, and that if my photos were used I would have no idea and I wouldn't get any credit or payment.  A few months ago she found me and told me that new signs were finally being made and that she didn't think any of my photos made it on the signs but I did make it on the website.  Last weekend we went up to the falls to look at the new signs and meet with Sue. We think at least one of my photos are on the signs, without credit, but I do have several photos scattered all over the website, some with credit, some without. Go take a look, my name is at the bottom of THIS page but look at the other pages and heck, assume any photos you want is mine since some of them may be.

I am thankful I got to work on the project under Sue who remembered me and my work. I am thankful I had a reason to wake up early and spend a few hours to myself photographing the landscape. I am grateful I got to go camping one night where no one else is allowed to camp with bear mace, that was cool. I am thankful I got a reason to explore parts of Idaho I would have never known about without this project. I am thankful I got published. I have a lot to be thankful for as a photographer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment